In the summers of 1917 and 1918, a group of people called Nazarenes held camp meeting revivals on the banks of Salado Creek. The group began meeting in Armstrong School, and later purchased the Sulpher Spring School building, where they met until 1939.
In 1939, the church sponsored tent revival services in Belton, Texas, and with the help of the San Antonio District Church of the Nazarene, purchased a city lot at the corner of Eighth Ave. and Pearl St. From 1940 until the church sold that property to the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, the church met in the small rock-faced church building. For seven years after the sale of the building, the church met in Belton Middle School, Belton High School, and UMHB’s business building, moving in for Sunday service and moving out after worship.
The church purchased the property at the corner of Sparta Rd. and Loop 121. Through a series of miracles, the current building was built and the church began to worship in the new building on the first Sunday of June in 2008.
On October 1, 2017, the church celebrated 100 years of Walking in Faith, and is now looking forward to the next 100 years!